Many customers initially choose Molten Speed Wax for its ultra low friction, and keep using it for its superb cleanliness as much as for the friction savings. That’s how I personally started with Molten Speed Wax products a few years ago for racing and training, and once I started there was never any going back! Here is why:
- Silky smooth & super clean. It is just so good not to have to try to clean gritty black oiled crap off my chain, cassette, jockey wheels all the time.
- Around half the friction of an oiled chain all the time.
- This means literally around double the lifespan of your current chains & cassettes (and jockey wheels and chain rings)
- So much simpler than you think. Using master links taking a chain off for waxing and putting back on is an absolute doddle. Melting wax is not very hard, turn pot on and the wax melts 🙂 Putting a chain into melted wax, swishing it around, and then hanging to dry is also not so difficult!
- The extra few minutes to wax a chain at the front end saves you that time three fold at the other end in not having to clean all the crap off your drivetrain all the time. No degreasers, no solvents (which you dispose of how?). Not only will your clean drivetrain always be the envy of your friends, it will last so much longer not running in a black grinding paste.